About PBDA –
Established in 2005,
the PBDA represents a wide spectrum of businesses in the coastal village of Portarlington on the northern Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria.
The association provides opportunities that:
- encourage and strengthen local businesses by informal networking events,
- inform members through regular and factual information about projects and
- activities that may impact business decisions and directions,
- strengthen the profile of businesses in Portarlington and on the Bellarine
- encourage engagement with and support for the general community
The PBDA is also a means for business operators in the region to connect with local and other government bodies.
Representing shop traders, commercial enterprises, trades and services, professional services, tourism and accommodation, the PBDA is a vibrant and active association.
Based in Portarlington the PBDA also welcomes businesses in St Leonards and Indented Head.
Like other community groups, our members come together because they have common interests and concerns.
PBDA members are part of our town. They are the women and men who respond when we need a plumber, electrician, physiotherapy, legal help or a doctor’s prescription filled.PBDA members are the businesses who donate goods and vouchers for community fundraising.
They are the volunteers with our school, Lions, footy club, mussel festival and neighbourhood house.Local businesses support and service both permanent residents, and one another, and tourist visitors to our low-key picturesque seaside town.